What is Class Dojo?
We have been using Class Dojo at Thornley Primary School for a number of years now. Class Dojo is an app or website that connects primary school teachers, students and their families through communication features such as a feed for photographs and videos from the school day and messaging function.
What do we use it for?
- Communicating on an informal basis with parents i.e. sending out reminders about upcoming events and notices.
- Rewarding pupils with Dojo points which are collected by pupils own Dojo character.
- Showcasing learning through videos and photographs from the school day.
- Online learning when there has been a need to do so.
- Help pupils to celebrate their strengths and reinforce positive behaviours.
How do you log on to Dojo?
- Each pupil has been/can be provided with a QR code or login code. If you have changed phones or can no longer access Dojo you can always request a new code from the class teacher.
- Download the Class Dojo app to your phone (which can be found in the App Store).
- Follow the instructions to add your code and begin using Class Dojo!
Although we love the Dojo system, we would still encourage parents to contact the school office to speak directly to a teacher for more serious or personal matters or in instances where messages need to be passed onto pupils.