Welcome to our EYFS
Our EYFS staff include:
- EYFS lead: Miss Delaney
- Class Teacher: Mrs Stephenson
- Teaching Assistants: Miss Williams & Ms Boyes.
Our EYFS team have a wealth of experience in Early Years. Staff all work extremely hard to make the EYFS a wonderful child-centred setting with a real focus on supporting pupils to be confident and independent learners. It is always such a pleasure to walk past the setting and peek in at all the amazing planned activities as well as seeing first-hand pupils being able to pursue their own interests.
If you are a parent of a child in our setting, you may find the following document useful as it gives you a basic introduction to our EYFS.
Areas of learning
- Communication and language skills
- Collaborative play
- Social experiences and social development
- Role play and imaginative play
- Developing writing skills through encouragement to use sounds, emergent writing and mark making in all areas
- Developing mathematical concepts through play
- Knowledge and understanding of the world (science)
- Encouraging imagination, creative and independent learning.