I am Mrs Caine and I am very lucky to be Headteacher of Thornley Primary School. On behalf of all the children, staff and governors I welcome you to our school! We hope you can find what you are looking for and the website showcases the passion we all have to achieve something amazing. We believe that every child is truly unique and we are here to help each and every one of you become the best you! Inclusion is key and every person is warmly welcomed, supported and celebrated at our school.
At Thornley Primary School, we have high expectations of all of our pupils. We instill 8 Core Values:
- Community – our school is a welcoming place and we encourage all children, families and staff to play an active part in the school and wider community.
- Kindness – we are all kind to each other. We care for others and are thoughtful, listening to the ideas of others showing value to their thoughts and opinions.
- Respect – We not only respect each other but our environment and world around us. We accept that sometimes we may not agree but it is important we understand how others may feel or what their beliefs are and celebrate difference.
- Independence – we encourage everyone to be independent learners. When we can do it ourselves, we know we have mastered it!
- Resilience – to be independent we need to be resilient. It is important we have the courage to try new things or those that we find more challenging. We make sure we support and help each other.
- Positivity – a smile goes a long way! We will laugh and be happy as we grow in self-confidence in the everything that we do.
- Excellence – we all trive to reach our full potential and by using our values above we can acheive amazing things!
- Enjoyment – With the other 7 values secured, we will all enjoy every moment of our education at Thoornley Primary School.
‘One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world’ – Malala.
Thornley Primary School – By working together, we will make something amazing!
At Thornley Primary School our staff and governors are committed to providing the best education for all pupils. We are truly inclusive and look for ways to knock down the barriers which may sometimes get in our way. With this in mind we make you the following 6 promises:
- We Promise to give you and your family inspiring experiences to help you achieve.
- We promise to listen to and respect you.
- We promise to keep you safe and help you to keep yourself safe.
- We promise to support you and your family as best we can.
- We will encourage you and make things fun for you!
- We promise not to judge you and will believe in you as an individual.
Our children can earn ‘Dojo Credits’, which they can exchange for items in our Dojo shop each Friday. This not only helps our children to understand core values, but also the value of money. Attendance is a high priority and we celebrate this weekly and termly.
Thornley is a reading school. We have the expectation that every child reads every school night at home. We reward consistency in reading as well as the progress our pupils make. Reading opens doors, helps you to learn exciting things and takes you to places you never dreamed of. We help every child to make the progress they need in order to become confident, fluent readers.
If you would like to talk to us about how we can help, please make contact with the school office and either myself, Mrs Simpson-May (DHT), Miss Delaney (KS2 Lead), Mrs Hughes (SENCO) or Mrs Haslam (EY Lead) will be happy to help.
We look forward to meeting you!
Mrs A Caine