These are the common aims and values that underpin the curriculum and work of our school:
We aim to:
- Provide a setting where pupils feel safe and happy.
- Set high expectations for all pupils and give every learner the confidence that they can succeed and the resilience to persevere.
- Engage the interest of pupils by providing a creative and relevant curriculum full of stimulating experiences which will motivate and enthuse them to learn.
- Plan rich, stimulating experiences for pupils which will motivate them to learn and engage them in the learning process.
- Ensure that all pupils feel included and valued in a secure learning environment in which respectful relationships exist.
- Encourage pupils to grow into informed, confident citizens who can make a positive contribution to society; adopt a healthy lifestyle; are prepared for the world of work and are socially and morally respectable.
- Raise the aspirations of pupils and the effort that they aim high, work hard and become independent, lifelong learners.
- Foster good relationships with parents, carers and families of all pupils, engaging help and support when needed.
Thornley Primary School – where everyone can shine like stars!