These are the common aims and values that underpin the curriculum and work of our school:
Thornley Primary School – where everyone can shine like stars!
We aim to:
- Provide a setting where pupils feel safe and happy.
- Set high expectations for all pupils and give every learner the confidence that they can succeed and the resilience to persevere.
- Engage the interest of pupils by providing a creative and relevant curriculum full of stimulating experiences which will motivate and enthuse them to learn.
- Plan rich, stimulating experiences for pupils which will motivate them to learn and engage them in the learning process.
- Ensure that all pupils feel included and valued in a secure learning environment in which respectful relationships exist.
- Encourage pupils to grow into informed, confident citizens who can make a positive contribution to society; adopt a healthy lifestyle; are prepared for the world of work and are socially and morally respectable.
- Raise the aspirations of pupils and the effort that they aim high, work hard and become independent, lifelong learners.
- Foster good relationships with parents, carers and families of all pupils, engaging help and support when needed.
“Work hard, be kind”
Our common aim for all pupils is that they “Work hard, be kind” and although this is a very simple aim, we feel that it is one that has most impact, is easily remembered by our pupils and encompasses so many different areas of school life. The aim “Work hard, be kind” is an important part of our behaviour policy and features on our Thornley Tree in every classroom.