‘One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world’ – Malala.
Thornley Primary School – By working together, we will make something amazing!
At Thornley Primary School we have high expectations of all of our pupils. We instill 8 Core Values:
- Community – our school is a welcoming place and we encourage all children, families and staff to play an active part in the school and wider community.
- Kindness – we are all kind to each other. We care for others and are thoughtful, listening to the ideas of others showing value to their thoughts and opinions.
- Respect – We not only respect each other but our environment and world around us. We accept that sometimes we may not agree but it is important we understand how others may feel or what their beliefs are and celebrate difference.
- Independence – we encourage everyone to be independent learners. When we can do it ourselves, we know we have mastered it!
- Resilience – to be independent we need to be resilient. It is important we have the courage to try new things or those that we find more challenging. We make sure we support and help each other.
- Positivity – a smile goes a long way! We will laugh and be happy as we grow in self-confidence in the everything that we do.
- Excellence – we all trive to reach our full potential and by using our values above we can acheive amazing things!
- Enjoyment – With the other 7 values secured, we will all enjoy every moment of our education at Thoornley Primary School.
At Thornley Primary School our staff and governors are committed to providing the best education for all pupils. We are truly inclusive and look for ways to knock down the barriers which may sometimes get in our way. With this in mind we make you the following 6 promises:
We Promise to give you and your family inspiring experiences to help you achieve.
- We promise to listen to and respect you.
- We promise to keep you safe and help you to keep yourself safe.
- We promise to support you and your family as best we can.
- We will encourage you and make things fun for you!
- We promise not to judge you and will believe in you as an individual.
Our children can earn ‘Dojo Credits’, which they can exchange for items in our Dojo shop each Friday. This not only helps our children to understand core values, but also the value of money.